Nowadays, bamboo flooring because of one of the most popular flooring styles in the United States besides concrete and ceramic tile flooring. Bamboo flooring style inspired by Japanese traditional style that brought here over the pacific to the United States.
In addition, Bamboo flooring often stated as hardwood flooring. Therefore, bamboo is a grass that’s highly processed to produce flooring and another home improvement.
Advantage And Disadvantage Using Bamboo Flooring Style At Home
All bamboo flooring is modified, it can be stated that the strands of grass are sliced and shredded. Further, bamboo flooring also tied together with heat and glue to create a floor gazette.
Further, here is the characteristic of Bamboo flooring
- Vertical bamboo has a uniform, striped look.
- Bamboo has a horizontal pattern “knuckles” that commonly found the flooring system.
- Strand woven bamboo mixes the grass fibers together so that they’re interlocked — it’s the hardest and most expensive type of bamboo flooring.
- Bamboo naturally comes in a light color, so if you want to make it darker you might carbonize on the surface to make it dark.
- Bamboo flooring takes around $5 to $8 per floor gazette. This price is similar to the other types of hardwood flooring.
- Professional installation will cost $3 to $5 more per square foot.
- Meanwhile, Bamboo flooring also has some pros and cons likewise, it also has some controversy about its sustainability and durability.
- Bamboo flooring offers a fast-growing plant and also can be ready in a large quantity. Further, it’s also a renewable resource. Meanwhile, bamboo is taken another pressure on the other wood, especially exotics woods.
- On the other hand, bamboo flooring is created oversight from the sketchy manufacturing process. It’s perhaps that bamboo flooring contains some adhesives and formaldehyde toxic VOCs. Then, The United States still imports bamboo flooring from Asia, it’s mean that a fortune shipping costs would contribute to its price.
- Then, whether you need another consideration about bamboo flooring, here I would like to give you more pros and cons of bamboo flooring like on the following tips below.
- Top-quality bamboo flooring is as durable as traditional hardwood flooring. Meanwhile, you can find some bamboo is on lower quality.
- For those who prefer modern décor, bamboo flooring has a clean, contemporary look.
- Properly finished bamboo flooring cleans easily with a mop and mild.
- Bamboo refinished techniques are different based on the thickness of the planks.
- Laminated bamboo flooring, with a top layer glued to multiple sub-layers, is DIY-friendly.
- Inexpensive bamboo flooring is susceptible to scratches and dings.
- Bamboo grass readily absorbs water and is susceptible to damage from water and excessive humidity.
- The contemporary look of bamboo doesn’t fit with all décor.
- Bamboo flooring has a limited tone and shades
- Further, understands the advantage or disadvantages of bamboo flooring will make you understand deeper about bamboo flooring before you accept it.