The hottest decorating trends people love so much that can add rustic charm is an only wood sign. Nothing says rustic like a wood sign, right? There are plenty of choices when it comes to decorating with rustic wood signs. Whether you are hunting for your living or dining room, kitchen, bedrooms, or even the front porch.
Wood Sign Ideas That Surprisingly Add Rustic Charm to Your Home
When you visit in your friend’s home that lives in a rustic home, you absolutely will find many rustic wood signs. Rustic wood signs can be bought at the store and they are not cheap at all. You may cost much money for them. It would rather make your own great rustic wood sign rather spending hundreds of dollars for those such decorative things.
To make that kind of stuff, pallets are perfect for creating that incredibly rustic look. You can get wooden pallets in many stores, and they will give you old wooden pallets. If not, you can buy them form home improvement stores and they will not charge much for them. You can get any rustic wood sign like a beachy sign for your living room.
- Wooden pallets, customized to the size you need
- Paint colours (for the background and for the letters)
- Screw bit
- 100 to 180 grit sandpaper
- Cut the board into three or more pieces – the number depends on the size of the sign you want to get.
- For middle-sized (12-18 inches) are two holding stripes.
- Cut the stripes so it will be shorter than the width of the sign.
- Sand the wood using 100 to 180 grit sandpaper. It will make the surface and edges smooth.
- Put the boards together with the nicer side facing down. You can use a clamp to hold all of the pallets together.
- Put the stripes on both ends of the backsides of the sign then make the pilot holes with a drill.
- Screw down the sign using a drill and a screw bit.
- For a more solid colour, you can stain or paint it. Or you just want to leave the surface as it is.
- For different background, you can paint the wood using a brush. Generally, you will need three to five layers of paint.