Each people have their concern when it comes to choosing the perfect material, size, color and pattern for curtain. Curtain can add style and personality for your home. It comes in a variety of different styles. Think about what suit the style of your room and the window itself.
Things to Consider When Picking Curtain for Your Home
Curtains come in every fabric imaginable, and as we know some are better suited to certain rooms than others. There are silk, cotton, linen, velvet, and sheer. Each fabric has their characteristic. Other things you need to consider when choosing curtain is about the color and pattern, and curtain size.
As I mentioned before, curtains come in variety of different fabric. Every fabric will suit well for different room. Plus, heavier fabric will help insulate a room and work better in cooler climates. While light fabrics work best in warmer climates.
- Silk curtain is traditional and classic. If you want to get a traditional or classic vibe, this curtain fabric is the best choice. They add a sense of formality to your room. Especially, if this curtain are pleated and puddle on the floor. Silk curtain has sheer quality and let some light pass through.
- Cotton is another perfect option curtain fabric due to it is the easiest fabric to clean. It is the most versatile fabric and is available in every imaginable color and style. It can be formal and casual depending on your style. Also, this curtain fabric tends to be a bit stiffer than other fabrics.
- Linen is light and often sheer. Commonly this fabric used in more casual rooms. It is very durable and will wear a long time. Plus, linen is readily refreshed by washing and is light and breathable. It is thinner than other materials, but has an airy and vibrant appearance.
- Velvet is generally used in casual settings. It is heavy and luxurious. This fabric is breathable the same as linen fabric, but it is higher than linen. Velvet has a beautiful drape and a unique soft and shiny look because the characteristics of the sort pile fibers.
- Sheer is great if you want to something that lets light to pass through. But, this fabric is not ideal for offering privacy. It is thin, light and also transparent or translucent material. You may get them in patterned or embroidered and is often used for curtains.
Color, Pattern and Curtain Size
It is important to consider the curtain color, pattern and size. For example, when you choose curtain for your living room consider what kind of color and pattern you want. Consider the pattern and fabric of your furniture and the wall color of your room.
Match the curtains in with those main elements. Then, the next level is thinking about the curtain size. It should always be at least double the width of the window. Also, your curtain is long enough for dramatic and elegant look.