Moving to a new house and what to buy to set up your new home can be very confusing. We all know that one of the most crucial room is a living room. There is a coffee table that is the center items of this room. How do you style your coffee table?
How to Style a Coffee Table with a Decorative Tray
Well, you may sit around drinking coffee and the other you sit around drinking tea. But, yes, I think the terms will be interchangeable like an end table and a side table. A coffee table is probably hunkier than a more formal, refined tea-table? Actually, tea-table and coffee table are different. A coffee table runs between 15”-20” high, while tea-table is around 24”-26” high. Then, there are some basic shapes of coffee table.
- Square tables are perfect for larger rooms.
- Round tables are great for a conversational grouping.
- Rectangular tables are the most general can go anywhere.
- Hexagonal or Octagonal tables are the much interchangeable with round.
- Oval tables are full of frills.
- Amorphous and other shapes are a piece of driftwood and other shapes that is a classic mid-century style.
How to Style a Tray
After you know the basic shapes of coffee table then it is time to talk about the formula in decorating coffee table with a tray. There are four common elements put on tray.
- Something Tall – Candlesticks and Hurricane vases are nice for adding sparkle and making everything festive.
- One Object to Express Your Personality – You can choose something sculptural or quirky to express your personality. It can be a glass orb, a piece of coral, or a small jar.
- Something Fresh – A nice greenery in aesthetic potted, a beautiful pot of Tulips, or other some fresh-cut flowers. They are great to add life and easy to change color to the room.
- Stacked Books – Use a few large, old and pretty art books to make a stack. Further, top it with something decorative. It will result in both artsy and science.