Living room, yeah, we know it’s the main room in our home. We are so enthusiastic to make this room look picturesque. Some of us already feel bored with bare wall space! No matter our home style, we can amp up our walls and bring out our personality. Customize the living room with something you love. As we know, there are tons of ideas for creating wall decor, especially for the living room. It could be handmade or we could buy them as well.
Picturesque Living Room Wall Décor Ideas That Will Add Appeal
To set attention in the living space, hang some of our original works including photographs, drawings, paintings, or handcraft. So many choices out there. Take consideration in picking the wall art. Don’t clutter the space, don’t make the room feel messy, and lots more. Then, how to pick the right wall décor?
- First, take a pick at the wall you’re going to fill to decide the size art you will choose. A great rule of thumb is to pick wall décor that takes up the width of the wall (minus 6-12 inches on each side). Thus, it will look like it’s centered.
- If you hang them over a sofa or table choose a piece of art that is the same length as your furniture piece or smaller. Avoid wall décor that is wider than your furniture.
- Instead of installing large canvas wall art or another which is so expensive and hard to get, choose smaller pieces. You can lay them like a collage or gallery wall.
- Hang wall décor in a diptych or triptych pattern. Leave at least two inches between the pieces. Or you can use bigger spacing if you have a huge wall.
- Choose wall décor that is graphic, powerful or vibrant.